The administration of student surveys at Georgia Tech is coordinated through the Institute Survey Coordination Committee (ISCC). The purpose of the ISCC is to advise and facilitate the scheduling of surveys to maximize the administration and benefits of surveys on campus. Specifically, this committee coordinates the administration of Institute-wide student surveys and manages the population of students invited to participate in them.
Charge and Scope
The purpose of the Institute Survey Coordination Committee is to advise and facilitate the scheduling of surveys to maximize the administration and benefits of surveys on campus. Specifically, the Committee will coordinate the administration of Institute-wide student surveys and manage the population of students invited to participate in surveys. Surveys that include samples of students from across the Institute or are Institute-wide will be subject to review and approval by the Institute Survey Coordination Committee. The Institute Survey Coordination Committee will meet quarterly to review and approve requests. Survey planners must seek appropriate IRB review separately.
Several categories of surveys are of interest to the Committee, but will not require approval, including surveys:
- Of Institute faculty and staff
- Specific to a College or School, such as program-specific surveys for educational evaluation
- Required by the University System of Georgia, including the CIOS
- Long-standing Annual Surveys (Exit, Career and Salary, CIRP)
While surveys listed above do not require approval, survey planners should communicate the plan for survey administration and coordinate through the Institute’s Survey Calendar and target survey dates that are open. The goal is to intentionally avoid duplicating samples of individuals on campus.
View the Survey Calendar:
The Institute’s Survey Coordination Committee (ISCC) maintains a calendar of key surveys that are administered to Georgia Tech students and other internal stakeholders. The purpose of the survey calendar is to provide a snapshot of the nature, timing, and volume of surveys being administered at the Institute. The Georgia Tech community is encouraged to review the survey calendar during the early planning stage of survey development. Be advised that Institute-wide student surveys require approval by the (ISCC). Please allow a minimum of four weeks for review and approval of student surveys. To facilitate this process, programs and units are required to complete the Submit a Survey form with key information about the survey.
The Institute Survey Coordination Committee consists of a group of standing members, as well as a rotating membership drawn from departments.
The standing membership of the Institute Survey Coordination Committee consist of the following:
- Associate Provost for Academic Effectiveness, Chair (Loraine Phillips)
- Assistant Vice President for Institutional Research & Enterprise Data Management (Sandi Bramblett)
- Assistant Director for Academic Effectiveness (Joe Ludlum)
- Director of Research and Assessment – Division of Student Life (B Woods)
- Registrar (Reta Pikowsky)
The rotating members of the ISCC serve a three year term:
- Juana Cunningham, Strategic Consulting and Human Resources
- Janine Vienna, Campus Services
- Matthew Frizzell, Library
- Jana Stone, Graduate Education and Faculty Development
- Louise Russo, Institute Communications
- Archie Ervin, Institute Diversity
- Joi Alexander, Health Intiatives
- Casey Chaviano, Undergraduate Education
- Keona Lewis, Institute Diversity