The Office of Academic Effectiveness is pleased to announce that the Career and Salary Survey now includes data for BS and MS graduates through Fall 2017. The survey was administered online to 3,088 BS- and MS-level students who were scheduled to graduate in Summer and Fall 2017.
A total of 1,089 students completed the survey, for a response rate of 35.3%. The BS response rate was 49.0%, while the MS response rate was 23.8%. The survey results are representative of the GT graduating population for each degree level by college, sex, ethnicity, and citizenship.
Highlights from the Summer and Fall 2017 Career and Salary Survey data:
- The percentage of job-seeking Georgia Tech BS recipients who reported having a job at graduation was 75.9%, the highest Summer / Fall placement rate in the past 10 years.
- Placement among job-seeking Master’s degree recipients remains stable, with placement at 78.3% in 2017.
- Median reported salaries for Georgia Tech graduates continue to rise, to $70,000 for BS recipients in Fall 2017.
- For MS recipients, median salaries remain stable at $90,000 for Summer and Fall 2017 Graduates.
- Of the Georgia Tech BS graduates, 12.9% plan to pursue further education in the coming year.
- Over 85% of GT students who responded to the Career and Salary survey remained certain they would select Georgia Tech again to attend college. A similar proportion of GT student respondents would recommend their program to future students who wanted to major in their field.
If you have any questions about these data, contact Joe Ludlum at < email@example.com >.