The Office of Academic Effectiveness is pleased to announce that the Career and Salary Survey now includes data for BS and MS graduates through Spring 2017. The survey was administered online to 3,172 BS- and MS-level students who were scheduled to graduate in Spring 2017. PhD data for AY 2017 is scheduled to be added this fall.
A total of 1,387 students completed the survey, for a response rate of 44.5%. The BS response rate was 52.1%, while the MS response rate was 29.8%. The survey results are representative of the GT graduating population for each degree level by sex, ethnicity, and citizenship. Baccalaureate responses are representative by college, while Computing is over-represented, and Engineering somewhat under-represented at the MS-level.
Highlights from the Spring 2017 Career and Salary Survey:
- The percentage of job-seeking Georgia Tech BS recipients who reported having a job at graduation was 75.9%, remaining stable over the past three years.
- Placement among job-seeking Master’s degree recipients has come up slightly, with placement at 78.7% in 2017.
- Median reported salaries for Georgia Tech graduates have increased steadily over the past few years, from $65,000 for BS recipients in Spring 2015 to $70,000 for BS recipients in Spring 2017.
- For MS recipients, median salaries have shown a sharper increase, from $82,000 in Academic Year 2015 to $94,000 for AY 2017 Graduates.
- Of the Georgia Tech BS graduates, 19.9% plan to pursue further education in the coming year.
- Over 85% of GT students who responded to the Career and Salary survey remained certain they would select Georgia Tech again to attend college. A similar proportion of GT student respondents would recommend their program to future students who wanted to major in their field.
Additional results from the survey are available in the Office of Academic Effectiveness’s survey data warehouse: < www.adors.gatech.edu >. Students may access the salary reports at: < http://b.gatech.edu/1Tsp67O >.
If you have any questions about these data, you may contact Joe Ludlum at < firstname.lastname@example.org >.